About Me

I am a stay at home mom addicted to anything and everything homemade. The quality of products and taste are much better homemade. Everything is better homemade.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 17, 2011

DIY Wallflower Plug In Air Fresheners

.
.
I am not sure if there is anything better than a clean house that smells good.  One without the other just does seem complete.  The only problem is, a few years ago I started thinking about all the chemicals that go into making air fresheners, candles and sprays.  Really, I am not sure why I do this to myself but it takes all the enjoyment out of a nice smelling house. 
If you Google "dangers of air fresheners" you will get page after page of all kinds of stuff you do not want to know.  So let’s just keep this simple.  It is cool to make your own Wallflowers and using just Essential Oils you do not have to feel guilty.  Do you want to know what the best part is?  They are crazy simple!!
 
First, take your wallflower and unscrew the bulb. 

Next, pull out the wick.  This can be somewhat tricky so you might need a butter knife to pry it out. 
 
Rinse out the bulb and fill 1/3 the way with your favorite essential oil(s).  Have fun experimenting with new combinations.  Then fill the remaining 2/3 with water.  FYI- You can fill the whole bulb with essential oils and it will just last longer. 

Last, put the wick back in the bulb and screw it all back together.  Enjoy!!


8 comments:

  1. Been doing this since high school (10 years ago) when the Wallflowers first came out ;) I couldn't handle paying so much money for a glass product that went to the landfills after only one month of use, so I recycled them with my own scents :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you do this with the glade plug in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but I've never had luck with the wick not breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love essential oils. I also have some Scentsy wall warmers. How would I use my oils in my Scentsy warmers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. melt some beeswax and add a few drops of essential oil. Mix. Allow to harden. Use in Scentsy warmer!

      Delete
  5. I really like Bath and Body Works Wallflower. Also if you look online, they do great coupons!

    ReplyDelete