About Me

I am a stay at home mom addicted to anything and everything homemade. The quality of products and taste are much better homemade. Everything is better homemade.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Best Flaky Drop biscuits EVER & dry mix to have on hand!

.
I would love to say I always have dinner planned a week in advance and even if I do, I would love to say that I plan my day perfectly to always start dinner on time.  Well, that is not the case most of the time.

I love drops biscuits because they are something you can throw together at the last minute, they are easy and crazy good!

Honestly, these are the best drop biscuits I have EVER had.  I love flaky biscuits and boy are these flaky!

Ingredients:
3 cups flour (your choice wheat or white)
4 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cream of tarter
1 cup milk or butter milk
3/4 cup butter- softened

Preheat over to 450 degrees

Mix all dry ingredients together.  Cut butter into dry ingredients until crumbly.  This part is REALLY important if you want your biscuits flaky.

Pour milk into dry ingredients and fork together ONLY until moist.  The less you stir it the better.

Grab a good handful of dough and flatten in your hand to about 1 inch thick.  If you want them super cute you can use a cookie cutter. Place on cookie sheet.

Cook for 10 minutes

That’s it.  Crazy easy!!

Do you want to make this recipe even easier?  This is the best part.  I do not like to use premix stuff you buy at the store.  Short answer, they are just not good for you.

This is a great way to have ready made mix.

Measure out all dry ingredients and place them in a ziplock bag, jar, or any way to store them air tight.  Make a couple of them just to have on hand.  Put a label on them that says Biscuit Mix
¾ cup butter softened
 1 cup milk

Cut in butter until crumbly
Fork in milk until just moistened
 Bake at 450 for 10 mins.

That’s it.  You know exactly what’s in there you can even pronounce everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment