About Me

I am a stay at home mom addicted to anything and everything homemade. The quality of products and taste are much better homemade. Everything is better homemade.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Homemade Vapor Rub

I do not know about you or your house but cold season has hit our house hard this year.  I am guessing it is because we are in a new state with new germs but either way my hubby and kids have been sick.  Vapor Rub has always worked really well for chest colds, coughing, and stuffy nose for us but I am not a fan that it is petroleum based or some of the ingredients. 

I like simple ingredients with natural products.  Anyway, here is a great natural vapor rub that I do not have to worry about putting on my family.

I listed it in parts so you can make as much or as little are you want.  Not to mention this is a great way to make the right amount for whatever container size you have.



Chest Rub Salve-

2 parts coconut oil
1 part beeswax
eucalyptus essential oil (about 10 drops per ounce)
White camphor essential oil (about 5 drops per ounce) *

*Instead of white camphor, you could us peppermint essential oil.


Simply melt coconut oil and beeswax in double boiler over low heat.  Pour into container and then stir in essential oils.  Wait 10-15 minutes for it to hard, add more oils if needed. That's it!!

I like to rub on chest, throat, and upper back. 

Where to purchase?

I like to purchase my butters and coconut oil at Mountain Rose Herbs. I would just make sure the essential oil's you use are high quality oils.  Many of the oils you can find at health foods stores or other places are full of fillers even if they states 100% essential oil. 

If you need any help finding any products I reference on this site, please let me know.


Disclaimer: The writer of Homemade Addition is not certified medical professionals of any kind and are not qualified to give you medical advice. My goal is to help to educate and inspire you to take responsibility for your own family's health and make informed choices of your own, not to consult you on medical treatment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment